Lower Lick Fork School 1916

(Services held here till 1939)

 

 

Lick Fork Free Will Baptist Church 1939

 

Lick Fork Free Will Baptist Church 2013

Lick Fork Free Will Baptist Church is the fourth oldest in the John Thomas Association of Free Will Baptists. It was organized in October, 1916, under an oak tree beside the lower Lick Fork School by Reverends Emery Reedy and Forrest Kennedy. Reverend Billy Keith was elected pastor, Troy and Ethel Robinson was deacon and deaconess, and Sarah Powers was clerk.  The charter members were Billy Keith, Lissie Keith,Troy Robinson, Ethel Robinson, Pat Hamilton, Walter Lane, Jerusha Lane, Sarah Powers, Alvie Lane and Susie Stanley.
 
 Services were held in the school building until a building was built in the spring of 1939 on the present site. The land for the new church was donated by Trigg Dotson. The ground was surveyed and the deed was recorded October 3, 1938.  The men of the community started working on the church in February, 1939. After getting the building under roof, the first service was held in May, 1939. Lick Fork FWB Church was wired in 1941 and Sunday School rooms were built in 1950-52. The first pews were bought in August, 1957.
 
 Ruby Dotson, succeeding George Browning and was Clerk from February, 1945 till 2006 when Lottie Stewart accepted the position. Since its beginning, Lick Fork FWB Church has gone through numerous changes. Christian love, fellowship, and the preaching of the gospel have always been there.

Problems with our site, we want to know webmaster@lickforkfwbchurch.com

Home | Guestbook | History | Charter Members | Our Pastor | Deacons | We Believe | Salvation Plan  | Audio Sermons |
Sunday School | Youth League | Photo Gallery | Activity Photos | Music | Service Times | Directions

Copyright © 2008 Lick Fork Free Will Baptist Church